Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Go My Children....Never Alone

In a couple of minutes, we'll take off for Baton Rouge.
In a couple of days, we'll back in Columbus, Ohio, processing our experiences here.
In a couple of months, God will call me from comfort to the cross--the empty cross.

A song as God's response TO US as we go from this place.

"Go My Children, with My Blessing
Go my children, with my blessing never alone.
Waking, sleeping, I am with you, you are my own.
In my love's baptismal river I have made you mine forever.
God my children, with my blessing, you are my own.

Go my children, sinces forgiven, at peace and pure.
Here you learned how much I love you, what I can cure.
Here you heard my dear Son's story, here you touched him, saw his glory.
Go my children, sins forgiven, at peace and pure.

Go my children, fed and nourished, closer to me.
Grow in love and love by serving, joyful and free.
Here my Spirit's power filled you, here my tender comfort stilled you.
God my children, fed and nourished, joyful and free."

Christ's Shalom be with all who need it (and especially with those who think they don't).

Today, I said good-bye to New Orleans for Jesus,
Adam

No comments: